Top Social

Summer Essentials 2015.

Monday 18 May 2015
Spring is in full force now, even though we still have many days of wind and rain (that's the UK for ya!). So, i thought i would would show you the things i reach for in spring and (mainly) summer.

(This picture was taken last year and the sandals look just as new now!)

FASHION
At this time of the year i like to wear sandal which are a bit more covered up, simply because it isn't extremely warm yet. The ones above were from primark last year, they are still going strong! Next is a good pair of sunnies. I usually just get a cheap pair but this year i wanted something a bit more expensive looking so i went for some Asos ones, i look a bit like John Lennon in them but i like them so who cares!

ENTERTAINMENT
In spring and summer i always find the time to read. Relaxing in the garden with a book in one hand a cold drink in the other is one of the things i love to do. Currently i am reading paper towns By John Green (Just to see what all the hype is about).

BEAUTY
 Moisturizing is a big thing for me in the warmer months. My skin tends to get a bit sun burnt leading to flaky skin, usually on my nose (It looks nasty!). For this i use the Garnier matte moisture. I also reach for a tinted moisturizer for if the tan isn't doing so well. I have a post on it here. I also like to carry a lip balm around with me for if my lips get dry, i am using the Maybelline baby lips one at the moment in pink punch.
As for scents, Marc Jacobs have the best floral fragrances. I am loving the honey perfume, it is floral with a honey tone to it but it does smell very sophisticated. 
And as for nails the only colour i will reach for is Barry M's bright orange! I think it complements a tan and is one of my fave colours.


Finally, i always have a fat cat near by who loves posing and sunbathing!
8 comments on "Summer Essentials 2015."
  1. I adore this post, Poppy! Your cat is too cute, and what pretty sandals!
    As for Paper Towns... I thought it was alright, but I prefer John Green's other novels.
    xoxo!

    - abby // laceandlilacs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby :) I have heard mixed reviews on papers towns I am not too sure what to think yet but you could be right!xo

      Delete
  2. Love your picks! I just posted about my summer essentials and completely forgot to include a book - Silly me!

    I think this summer's must-read for me would have to be Highsmith's 'The Price of Salt'. The film adaptation just premiered at Cannes and the reviews were amazing, so I definitely want to read the book again before it is released to the general public, in the autumn.

    - Elodie x

    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds good, might give that a read! :)

      Delete
  3. paper towns is my fave by him, hope you're liking it!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete