Top Social

Christmas Party: The Make Up.

Wednesday 14 December 2016

So I actually went to a Christmas party this year, whaaaaat? I am not usually the dressing up, going out kind of gal. I'd much rather stay at home in my pjs watching Ru Pauls Drag Race (I am obsessedddd). Anyway I moved out of my comfort zone and went out and I actually enjoyed it! I loved doing my make up too, making it slightly more glam than my everyday look. I thought I would put a post together on the look I created. My base and everything was the same as usual, but I did switch up my eyes and lipstick. 

So lets start with the eyes, I used my usual eyeliner. The L'oreal Paris Super Liner is fab, it has a super thin nib that allows you to achieve a sharp and neat winged liner. I made my eyeliner slightly larger than normal so it looked more dramatic shall we say, haha. 


On my lashes I went with Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara. This is only a mini as I am just testing it out at the mo, but I bloody love it! Not many mascaras I try actually add volume to my lashes. They always tend to droop and become heavy after the second coat. This, however makes my lashes look like falsies! This is the kind of look I was going for as I am not experienced enough to wear actual false lashes, it usually ends with red and runny eyes. 

And finally, the lips. I wore MAC Sin but to be honest I wasn't entirely impressed. When applying this lipstick I found it hard to coat my lips evenly. I added a dab of Vaseline but of course that took the matte effect away. Oh, and once I had eaten there was not a single trace of lipstick left. I am gutted because the colour is soooo beautiful... BUT I will find a way to work with this product, I will!!

So those are my staples for a party look, what are yours?



Instagram // Bloglovin // YouTube // Etsy // Pinterest // Depop
8 comments on "Christmas Party: The Make Up. "
  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing! I hope you will visit my blog!

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me a bit of glitter and red lips for christmas. its a must.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! I am a total homebody! I love cozying up at home and watching my favorite tv programmes more than anything. Good for you for going out there, love the shade of the lipstick but I'm bummed to hear you didn't like the formula. My party staples would be a sparkly eyeshadow and a nude, glossy lip! Thanks for sharing.

    MY LATEST POST
    bloglovin
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to invest in some nude lipsticks/lip glosses! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, that eyeliner looks fab!

    ReplyDelete