Top Social

Then vs Now.

Friday 29 December 2017

I thought it would be interesting to look back on my blog content and compare it to the things I post now. I am mainly going to be focusing on the photography as my content hasn't massively changed. It is still largely based on fashion, beauty and lifestyle. So lets start with my first ever post, published on the 8th of March 2015.


I was so nervous posting this. I had wanted to start a blog for so long but I just didn't have the courage to do it. I didn't tell anyone I started prk up at first... now I talk about it openly and often ask my mum for post ideas, haha. Anyway this post was about my 3 hair favourites. I feel like I still speak (or type?) the same as I do in my current posts, I am just a little more relaxed now. Product wise, I still love the Bumble and Bumble hairspray, but the other products I haven't really used for a while. As for photography, it has obviously changed massively. I layer props and decor a lot more now. My photos are a lot brighter, with deeper shadows and richer colours. Back then I was shooting with a Nikon coolpix I think it was, now I am using the Canon 700D which obviously produces better images.


lets skip a couple of months to a facial oil post I did in June. As you can see I learned how to brighten up my photos, maybe a little too much. It is very pink too, which isn't really my thing anymore. I've noticed too it is very cool toned, and I am much into my warmer earthier tones at the minute. Still into using fresh flowers as props though, I will never get bored of that. 
So, moving towards the end of the year, when I published a post about my new years eve make up picks. I still love the majority of this make up, obviously I have updated it but I still gravitate towards the same products when I top up my make up collection. Like I said previously the images from this period are still very white with a blue undertones, pretty different to what I post now. I have also realised, as I have been searching through my blog, that my images are tiny. It's annoying actually because I love huge images now with visible detail. Around this time I also started linking the products I was talking about too, which is always handy.


I am skipping forward to April 2016 now. In 2016 I started to post a few more interior posts, which is my favourite content to post nowadays (even though I still don't do it enough). Nothing much changed really, my images were still *annoyingly* small, my content was still similar to the previous year and blah blah blah. I am going to move onto the posts using my new camera, that is when things drastically changed. 


Ah, August 2016 the time where my images improved and got bigger, thank god. I think I was getting better at editing too at this point. As you can see the images are still bright but they don't look as washed out or cold. For the rest of this year I just learned how to use my new camera and how to style things differently. I started to experiment with different props and layouts, edging away from flatlays (not a lot though, flatlays are still my go to). From May 2017 my style just continued to evolve. I suppose I was inspired by different people from when I first started blogging. Eimear from Eimear Varian Barry inspired me to use shadows and textures and Chloe from The Little Plum inspired me to get a bit more posey and show my personality through my photography. 

Content was still pretty much the same throughout though. I did try to do cooking posts at one point but that isn't something I really post about anymore. I suppose I was just finding out what I was interested in and enjoyed writing about.


Along the way I have worked with some lovely brands too, and I am very grateful for that. It really does mean a lot that companies can see something in my little blog. 
So for now, I feel like this is a good place the leave 2017 and enter 2018. I hope you have a fab year!

7 comments on "Then vs Now."
  1. Such a great post! I loved it :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are amazing always well thought out I have been following you for a while and can see how you have grown well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look absolutely amazing, wish mine looked half as good.
    Hope you have a wonderful new year!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I just checked out your blog and they are amazing!! You should be proud!

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone,
    I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back to me, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azeez can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again..
    All thanks to Dr Azeez if you have any problem contact Dr Azeez now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.
    Email him at: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
    call / add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete